Thursday, August 3, 2017

Results


Overall, I loved doing this project and I grateful for this amazing opportunity.  I will never forget this project, and I hope my experiences will help Stacey Strong's students.
I collected samples on 15 different occasions and collected a total of 135 plastics.  Ninety of these are classified as micro-plastics (> 5 mm).    

To view a spreadsheet of the beaches I visited and the amount of micro-plastics I found in each of my samples click here.  Within the document you can find links to photos of the beaches and a link to the website I got the low and high tide data from.

1 comment:

Sue Arabia said...

Grey,
This was an awesome experience for you, and I loved the way you learned that research creates even more questions! The charts you made and data you collected will surely inform the other researchers who are working on the micro plastics project. I really liked the way you had fun; the description of collecting samples in the rain was fun to imagine, and I thought the beach names were very interesting. You and Amanda were really good problem-solvers -- you were flexible and generated multiple plausible hypotheses and you were open to suggestions from others. That is impressive and inspiring. There is a lot of information in this blog. I hope you enjoy your next adventures and the rest of the summer.
Mrs. Arabia