Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Stonewall Pond Expedition

Matt, Amanda, and I went on a trip on kayaks and paddle boards to Stonewall Pond.  The first thing we caught was a scallop.
This is a video of a scallop squirting water.  It is trying to swim out of my hands, but it is not in water.  
To read about scallops click on this link:
http://www.greysadventures.blogspot.com/2014/07/scallops.html




When we were looking for sea creatures, there were a ton of minnows jumping everywhere around me.  A bunch hit my face and some flew into my net.  A big, big fish was probably chasing them. It happened a bunch of times.  Amanda only got the end of one of these times. 

This is a brittle star that I found.  They can move pretty fast.  
To read more about sea stars, click below.

This is a picture of fish eggs under water.  

We found two pretty big horseshoe crabs in mucky sand.  The biggest one was 21 1/2 inches.

There are mollusks on this horseshoe crab.  They are called slippers.




To read about horseshoe crab, click here. 


It was awesome!




No comments: