Thursday, August 1, 2013

Mole Crabs

Yesterday Amanda, my little brother, my cousins, my aunt, and I went to Stonewall Beach to look for mole crabs.  We found sixty-two mole crabs.  We dug in the sand next to the water to find them.  When the water came in, tons of mole crabs would come in the hole and bury in the sand.  Then I would swoop them up in my net.  It was such an exciting time.  



This is me holding a mole crab in my hand.

This is me dumping the bucket of the mole crabs in the sand.  Look closely.  There are mole crabs burying themselves in the sand.  


The mole crabs have back legs that help them swim. 







1 comment:

Jen and Chris Panetta said...

Hi Grey! Chris and I enjoyed reading your blog and looking at the pictures of all the crabs! Chris was asking if you have done any fishing while you are in Martha's Vineyard? He is looking forward to seeing you next week when you come home!
See you soon!
Mrs. Panetta and Chris